Why is my iPhone battery yellow – explanation and how to fix it
Why is my iPhone battery yellow – explanation and how to fix it Of course, when you first saw your iPhone’s battery icon turn yellow, you probably wondered why. The original black bar changes color for a reason, and there are ways to reset it to the default color.
It has something to do with your iPhone’s battery draining, and here we explain why it happens and what you can do about it.
Why is the iPhone battery yellow?
The reason why your iPhone’s battery icon is yellow is because you have enabled the sleep mode option on your device. When this mode is activated, the battery icon color will change to yellow to indicate that the mode is running on your phone.
Your battery will remain amber as long as the option is not turned off.
What Items Are Affected When The iPhone Battery Is Yellow?
When your iPhone’s battery icon goes yellow, there are a few items that get affected on your phone. The Low Power Mode changes how certain apps and features work on your iPhone and you’ll notice a change in the following functionalities of your phone, as per Apple.
- Email fetch.
- Hey Siri.
- Background app refresh.
- Automatic downloads.
- Some visual effects.
- iCloud Photos.
How To Manually Turn Off Low Power Mode
If you want to resolve an iPhone’s battery yellow icon, you can do it by turning off the Low Power Mode on your phone.
- Launch the Settings app from the main screen on your iPhone.
- Scroll down, find, and tap on the option that says Battery.
3. You’ll find an option that says Low Power Mode at the top. Turn it off to change the battery icon color back to the original one.
How To Automatically Turn Off Low Power Mode
If you want to get your iPhone to automatically disable the Low Power Mode, then you need to plug your iPhone into charging. When your phone is charged 80% or higher, then the mode will automatically be disabled.
How To Add The Low Power Mode Option To Control Centre
You can add a toggle for the Low Power Mode option to Control Centre to quickly and easily turn the option on and off.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Find the option that says Control Centre and tap on it to open it.
- The following screen has two options for you to choose from. Tap on Customise Controls to choose what controls and options are shown in the Control Centre.
- On the following screen, you’ll find a list of all the options that can be added to the Control Centre. At the top, you have items that are already added to the Control Centre.
- To add the option we need, scroll down and find Low Power Mode. Tap on the green plus sign next to it and it’ll be added.
- You may close the Settings app.
- Open the Control Centre and you’ll find your newly added option there. Tap on it to toggle the Low Power Mode.