WordWeb Pro can search for words in almost any program with just one click: just hold down the Ctrl key and right-click on the word. If you are online, with one extra click you can also search web references, for example Wikipedia. The hotkey can be customized, or you can use a keyboard shortcut if you prefer. If you are editing a document, you can select a synonym and replace the search term. WordWeb has the ability to highlight widely used synonyms, great for helping you write clear, easy-to-understand English. Check with Ctrl+Right-click a word in almost any program.
Features of WordWeb Pro Full Download
If you are looking for a particular part of speech you can click on the Noun, Verb, Adjective or Adverb buttons to show only the relevant synonyms and related words. To view a particular sense you can click on the sense number. Browsing around related words is simple: click on the tabs for synonyms, antonyms, parts, part of, types, type of, similar, see also and anagrams. To see the definition of one of the related words double click on the word. You can also use the back and forward buttons. Related words also have “+” and “-” buttons to be more or less specific. For example if you are looking at the similar words, maybe you would like to see words that are more loosely similar: you can do this by pressing the “+” button, and go back again by pressing the “-” button.
In addition to using the extensive English dictionary and thesaurus provided, if you are online, you can also look up your choice of web references. Each reference is on a separate tab page for easy cross-referencing. The list of tabs can be customized to use your favorite references. Wikipedia and some online dictionaries are installed by default.
You can also get optional third-party dictionaries, including the Oxford, Chambers and Collins dictionaries, displayed in separate tabs like the site references.
Use custom dictionaries
You can add your own technical glossaries (or a list of company acronyms, etc.) using the option in the “Glossaries” menu.
Using the “Find Word” function you can quickly find words that match a pattern. You can also search a wide range of optional additional word lists using the Find Word window. The screenshot shows what you’d get if you did a punctuation-sensitive search in the optional “Compounds and Phrases” word list for phrases ending in “word”.
Full-text definition search
Use the “full text” button to search for text appearing in any definition. For example search for “fox” and it will find the definition of “fox”. The screenshot shows another example.
Enter a word and you can find all direct and multiple word anagrams. You can also find partial anagrams. How many words can you make using the letters in “constitutional”? WordWeb Pro’s answer: 726!
Select “New Definition” from the “Edit” menu to add a new word (or set of words) with a definition. You can also import and export to common spreadsheet format files.
Use the bookmark feature to remember useful words. There is a feature to randomly search for one as a way to help you remember vocabulary. WordWeb also builds a list of words you’ve looked up, so you can go back and check that you remember definitions. You can also export the list to a text editor, delete items or delete the entire history list.
Replace, copy and paste
If you’re looking for a word from a document you’re editing, you can select any word and press the “Replace” button to replace a synonym. You can also copy to the clipboard parts of definitions, all definitions, the selected related word, or all listed related words (or anagrams/words matching a pattern).
Includes many names of places and people, with concise definitions and related words.
– One-click look up from almost any program, including MS Word
– Tab pages to quickly check web references
– Add optional third-party dictionaries in separate tabs
– 70,000 spoken words
– Clear text pronunciations with syllables
– Bookmark words
– Highlights frequently used and widely understood words
– Connections between sound-alike and often confused words
– Find words that match a pattern
– Add definitions to the database
– Solve and find anagrams
– Copy results to the clipboard
– Search for words in a large number of optional additional word lists
– Add your own custom glossaries
– Import and export custom definitions and glossaries
– Set for American, British, Canadian, Australian or Asian English
– Option to hide (default) or flag vulgar and offensive related words
– Reverse definition (full text) search
The extensive up-to-date dictionary database features
– Definitions and synonyms, including many compounds and proper names
– Word relationships: find antonyms, parts or types, less specific words, etc.
– More than 130,000 synonym sets and 165,000 root words
– Search 290,000 words, compounds and derived forms
– 70,000 pronunciations, with a pop-up suggested pronunciation key
– 70,000 usage examples
– See alphabetically closest words, suggestions for many misspellings
Title: WordWeb Pro 10.21 Incl. WordWeb Pro Sound and Ultimate Reference Pack
OS: Windows– Official website does not provide any information about changes in this version
Download WordWeb Pro for PC
WordWeb Pro 10.21 | File Size: 165 MB
UsersDrive | Upload | Direct
WordWeb Pro Ultimate Reference Bundle | File Size: 718 MB
UsersDrive | Upload | Uptobox | SendCM | Direct